Judgy McJudgerson

People sometimes are quick to judge. They tend to make assumptions based on stories they've heard. Starting today, let's all try not to judge people and assume things. 

You sit there and judge me,
Without even knowing me,
We've never spoken or even met,
Yet you see me as some kind of threat.

You sit there and judge me,
And say my experiences shouldn't be bled out into poetry,
But when you listen to songs,
What do you think those lyrics are based on?

So it's ok for you sit there and judge me,
But it's not ok for me to write my feelings?
I'm sorry but that's crazy,
And don't get me wrong, I'm not judging.

You sit there and judge my friend,
You don't know how much of her heart she had to mend,
Her only form of escapism is to write,
You don't know all the demons she had to fight.

You sit there and judge my friend,
Maybe you meant well and that's why you went to that extent,
But there is a difference between being condescending
And asking out of concern and in ways that are not offending

You sit there and judge my friend,
Yes she's vocal and speaks her mind,
But that doesn't mean she is not kind,
And she ends up being called all those names in the end,

You sit there and judge her,
Without realizing how much she suffers,
Everyday is a constant battle,
Most days she feels shackled.

You sit there and judge her choice,
Not knowing that she was never one to raise her voice,
She is also never one to lose her head,
Yet you still think the problem is her instead.

You sit there and judge her character,
Not knowing what had changed her,
You don't see that she is one blow from caving in,
And that thread that is holding her together is wearing thin.

You sit there and judge the sisterhood,
But it's okay, maybe we're just misunderstood,
We apologize if our poems offend you,
But make no mistake, we're still going to carry on doing what we do.


- JN
1.32pm, 7/11/2015 (Saturday)
Home, Kelana Jaya



JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory