From SB: To The Sibling

This is to my sibling who isn't related to me by blood, but is the closest one to my heart. Here's to you, Abang. 

My brother since 2010,
Through so many times you’ve held my hand,
I look back now & think what life would be,
Without you sometimes bugging the crap out of me.

You test my patience & always take things too far,
With your shopping habits & the way you drive my car,
It takes close to fifty years to wake you up,
Then another fifty to get you to go scrub.

I can’t imagine the past five years without two am phone calls,
On those nights when I felt like scaling the walls,
I can’t imagine not having you be my rock,
When people proved to me they were just all talk.

You are my sibling no matter what people say,
A bond stronger than blood God has thrown my way,
I’ll walk through fire & crawl through mud for you,
There is very little you’d ask of me that I wouldn’t do.

Thank you Abang for loving me – I’ll always be your Sher,
I’ll always be here to support you and to show I care,
Thank you for always being honest & never being fake,
I’m truly lucky to be called your Adik.

- SB
6.16pm, 3rd November 2015
The Bee @ Jaya One



SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade