The After Effects of Ginger Tea

There is inspiration to be found in everything, even in the suffering of insomnia from over brewed Ginger tea. 

It is 3am & my mind is buzzing,
From ginger Chinese tea I had unintentionally over brewed,
I had drank it at an untimely hour,
And now its magic was working all too good.

My mind searches for something to calm it down,
Combing through social media hoping it will all become a blur,
It's three thirty and there isn't a single sound,
As my mind buzzes not a soul begins to stir.

It is five am and somehow I have woken up,
I am feeling the beginnings of a minor headache,
I am slightly hungry and could probably use some grub,
But I am still in that in between of feeling sleepy & being awake.

It is six am & the headache is real now,
I reset my alarm for the odd time of nine forty two,
It is six oh four and someway somehow,
My thoughts have now stopped short at you.

- SB
6.04am, 8th September 2015
Ghetto HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020