From SB: To the Friendliest Person You Knew For Only One Day

Sometimes it only takes one meeting to make a lifelong friend. It can happen anywhere. This is to one of the very first people to have seen Come Hell or High Water, and one of its earliest fans, who is still a friend till today! 

In neither your place or mine we met,
How much more fated does it get?
You had come on a trip with your university,
Attending a film screening that was in the vicinity.

You watched my documentary & watched me stutter away,
And during the question and answer you had such nice things to say,
You told me to let you know when I was in Manila so you could take me around,
In a foreign land a kindred spirit I had found.

That was almost two years ago one fateful night,
In an art space illuminated by Baguio light,
Through Facebook we have become great bros,
Keeping track of how the other is doing or where the other goes.

Thank you for always encouraging me & being so inspiring,
Telling me to keep being me and to keep doing my thing,
I hope sometime someday soon we’ll meet,
My Tsinoy brother you are indeed.

SB
3.31pm, 13th November 2015
Jalan Ipoh Kecil




SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020