A Serial On Cereal

I wrote this for my brother who loves his cereal. Cereal was always a fun breakfast choice for me so why not have fun writing about it.

Good Morning sunshine!
A nod in the mirror to reassure I am fine,
After a good stretch and a deep breaths,
Time to face the day and all it's tests.

Scurry down to the kitchen,
Looking up at the top cabinet,
"I hope it's there" I beckon,
The doors burst wide open like trumpets.

I grab that eye-catching rectangular cardboard,
The rustling sound of it's content... Oh my God!
*Shhreekk* Flip!
Mhhmm, that silver foil...
That shiny silver foil.

Gently, gently, tear it open,
The sugary fumes intoxicate like a love potion,
It could be flakes, honeycombs, rolls or stars,
Cereal has never disappointed me so far.

The chimes of tinkling when it hits the porcelain,
The gush of milk that I keep pouring,
Just the right proportions,
Of this fluids and solids concoction.

Crunch!!! Oooo...
How can something so simple,
Make a person so blissful,
Easy peasy lemon squeezy,
It's so easy to get it ready.

Some like it fresh and crunchy,
Other like to wait till it's soggy,
Some add fruits or muesli,
So replace milk with yogurt or honey.

Some get the privilege of weekend morning cartoons,
Kids hypnotised to the screen holding their bowls and spoons,
It is a great television snack,
To accompany Saturday mornings with Art Attack.

Suitable for any time and for all ages,
It's packed with nutrients for all stages,
There is baby cereal for weaning toddlers,
There is oatmeal cereal for our elders.

It's not all colouring and sugar-coated,
There are healthier options that will suit your palette,
There is whole grain for those who want high fibre,
Special low calorie content for those who want to be thinner.

We are spoilt for choice and brands,
A whole cubicle with promotion stands,
Free toys or gifts come with every box,
Every one has their favourite stock.

When I am through,
My tummy made full,
It's to get on with what I have to do,
Hope you enjoyed this serial I wrote for you.


-SY
Written at 19:01 on 22nd October 2015
At 61 Wong Clan




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia