SY: Savour The Richness

NaPoWriMo Challenge Prompt Week 6:

Today, I challenge you to write a poem about food. This could be a poem about a particular food, or about your relationship to food in general. Or it could simply be a poem relating an incident that involves food, like David Ignatow’s “The Bagel”. Still not convinced? Perhaps these thirteen food poems will give you some inspiration.

This is the hottest, spiciest love affair in the history of Malaysian mankind. Let's see if you can guess who my mystery love is.

Oh my love, my sweet tantalising love,
My number one and all of the above,
So hot clothed in that spicy red,
I would eat you every morning in bed.

Soft and rich, steaming with perfection,
Every grain deserves my attention,
I would not share you with anyone,
You and I will soon become one.

Adorning accessories ever so colourful,
What a sight you are, purely wonderful,
Without them you lose your identity,
They add many levels to your personality.

You lure me with your aromatic flair,
It is an endless love affair,
Having you once is never enough,
Sometimes two or three rounds till I'm stuffed.

You lead me to sin every second,
I would have to go for weekly confessions,
When others are with you I am swollen with jealousy,
And when I get you, it's full blown gluttony.

My favourite breakfast companion,
Though others may have a different opinion,
My delicious and irresistible Nasi Lemak,
Have a three-way with Rendang if I have luck.

- SY
18:00H 5th June 2016
Taman Paramount




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia