Mental Mayday!

October 10th is World Mental Health Day. I wrote this during the #NaPoWriMo Prompt Challenge to write about a month that is cruel. I chose the month of May as it was Mental Health Awareness Month in America. This piece is an insight go what goes on in the mind of the anxious and depressed. Find out more about Mental Health Month & World Mental Health Day!

What? You have MDD?
Suffering from anxiety?
Give me a break...
It's all in your head.

Don't you even try,
Attempt to talk to me,
Like a lid shut tight, you pry,
Using your leverage, I see.

You try to understand,
What is depression?
Just so you can reprimand,
This adjustable condition.

Have you been trapped before?
Suffocated and breathless,
My oxygen is the truth by which you swore,
But my atmosphere is lies, lies and more lies.

I can't breath when everyone crowds around,
Pin me to a corner into a submission,
Do the count out to get up from the ground,
But deep down they just want extermination.

You wish your saving grace could be medication,
To halt the continuous trembles and tremors,
All it is, is restless sedation,
Polluting your speech with ridiculous stammers.

Could it be losing grip on gravity,
Who gets to say, really?
Since I'm so in and out of reality,
Don't think it like some comical cruelty.

A month can't be cruel, not like a state,
But people can be, especially in their expression,
Just like gravity gives us weight,
We cannot escape the existent void called depression.

- SY
18:26H 2nd May 2016
The Shift in Paradigm


SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020