a hypothesis of the correlation between the number of times someone says your name in a conversation and how much they cares about you

I think, the more someone cares about you the more they say your name.
If you put it in a mathematical equation, they have a positive correlation.
N + I = C  (N – number of times name is said, I – initial times of name called, C – units of care)

They even say it more dearly. There’s this, depth in their voices.
D(N + I) = C  (N – number of times name is said, I – initial times of name called, C – units of care, D – depth and dearliness of voice)


But perhaps it’s just me. Perhaps I think so because I just want him to care about me.
D(N + I) = CV (N – number of times name is said, I – initial times of name called, C – units of care, D – depth and dearliness of voice, V – void in my heart that wants to be filled)

I want to be a manic dream. Everyone’s manic pixie dream girl. The one that people miss when she leaves the room. The one that everyone remembers as the smart, beautiful but crazy girl. The almost, but never girl.

But again, I suck at math. Sometimes I like to think of it all as just an illusion.

- Shin Ling



Shin Ling is a short half Malaysian half Japanese girl with a loud voice, with tiny hands and big dreams. She identifies as an outspoken introvert and loves all forms of art – writing, singing, dancing, performing – because she believes that those are the things that drive connection. She is studying in the AUP (American University Program) in INTI Subang, about to major in Communication Studies after her transfer. She hopes that one day she will publish children’s books that address and educate kids about stuff parents don’t really talk about, like feminism and mental health, because she believes that knowledge shouldn’t be limited by age. She’s also really soft. You can check out her other work here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade