Aftermath

So, this piece was inspired by a song called Aftermath by Rascal Flatts. This talks about the aftermath of a breakup in all it's ugliness and brokenness. 

The way you said goodbye,
It was like we weren't even worth a try,
You left without a second glance,
Like I didn't deserve a chance.

How was I to know you would break me down so easily,
And tear me apart so quickly,
I guess I believed in our future more than you,
Or else you would not have said "We're through."

All that's left of me is me and my jealousy,
Along with the 'what could have beens' and the 'maybes,'
You told me I should just move on,
And just like that you were gone.

The words you said can't be taken back,
It's too late for that,
Because now I feel the aftermath of a fragile cracked love,
That you let go of.

It feels like gravel to skin,
The hurt has set in,
Now all that's left of my heart are pieces and parts,
And you walk away thinking it's your best piece of art.

- JN
12.00pm, 4/2/2016 (Thursday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia