From SB: To Someone You Don’t Talk To As Much As You’d Like To

#TheGhettoSiblings used to be really close. I forgot how close until Facebook's On This Day flashbacks kept showing me all these wall posts my brother Rosal used to post on my wall. Between his auditing job & my production managing, we barely spend time with each other let alone speak, but whenever we do meet, it's great & I'll always love him for getting me through so many things in the past 6 years. So here's another letter to the best Abang ever. 

I’ve recently seen how often we used to speak,
You and me,
How time was relative and I was so meek,
How we used to be.

I read old wall posts,
When you first became my brother,
How you’d ask me why I was sad,
And how I was never a bother.

It feels like a different lifetime,
We were so closely knit,
There were no large obligations,
And no small fits.

Now your Facebook presence is scarce,
And my phone no longer rings that specific tone,
Our relationship now compared to then is such a farce,
We might as well live in different timezones.

Despite it all I love you all the same,
You’re my brother & that is for life,
We’ll always be a team no matter what the game,
So long as I am not hated by your future wife.

- SB
4.57pm, 14th March 2016
The Loaf, D’Pulze Cyberjaya


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade