A Chapter On Loneliness

So, it was St. Valentine's Day yesterday. This year, for me was 'Singles Awareness Day'. Most days of my youth were spent having someone there who was my go-to-companion. I never really spent a long enough period being single. This was the first thing I started to miss.

Yet another night,
Lying alone in bed,
Nothing but repetitive thoughts,
On replay in my head.

Nothing compares to his chest,
The warmth of his embrace,
Unlike the pillows I use to rest,
On his firm pectorals I laid my face.

The comforter all to myself,
Just that piece of lifeless fabric,
No jolt of chemical electricity,
Only the feeling of cold static.

No strokes to line my crown,
To caress my forehead and nape,
No fingers that venture up and down,
To find that soft spot to escape.

Now the air in the room is stale,
I was so used to the scent of you,
My every breath had your trail,
It matched the smell of my eau.

The white noise that fills my ears,
Were your rhythmical sleep sounds,
Or whispers that bring me tears,
And your heart beat that pounds.

My skin lacks the tingling sensation,
That occurs when his skin touches mine,
He manoeuvres with certain precaution,
Making sure he doesn't cross the line.

Learning to be alone again,
A relatively new unwritten chapter,
A place that I don't usually entertain,
For now maybe it is for the better.

It will take time getting used to,
Not having an accessible companion,
Alone with my thoughts on what to do,
Bantering with my own opinion.

-SY
0315H 7th December 2015
61 Wong Clan


SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory