A Walking Target

This was written from an ex's perspective.
So guys, if you feel like you want to shoot him down, please do. And ladies, if you just let this kind of thing slide, shoot and move on with your life.

I made you believe this will last forever,
I will never make you feel inferior,
I will be with you through every endeavour,
But heck with that, I'll disappear.

I questioned your commitment,
I questioned your judgement,
Why do you have resentment.

You know what I say? 
You are a disappointment.

I said I would be by your side,
I will be there for you to confide,
There will never be a divide,
You are too much for me, I'll go away and hide.

I took your hand and held you,
I told you my affections are entirely true,
I gave you no reason to deny me,
3 years, 2 months and a day later, please leave me be.

I broke down your wall,
I picked you up from your great fall,
I somehow managed to undo all that,
And for that I will be a walking target.

- SY
09:09H 15th January 2016
528 Chee Residence Air Itam, Penang




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade