From SY: To Someone Who I Don't Talk to As Much As I'd Like To

This letter is dedicated to my Malay Language tuition teacher who taught me about living life. He is a retired staff of the Ministry of Education who travelled the world and taught many along the way.

Dear Mr Wong,

I hope this finds you well,
It has been a long time, I can tell,
Since I last spoke to you,
Since I last bid adieu.

A few months and decade went by,
Centuries worth of drive-bys,
I never understood my hesitance,
Why I frequently avoid your audience.

You were my weekly motivation,
Kept me with mind-stirring conversation,
Polish the sentences of my Malay essays,
Made me articulate my ideas without going astray.

I owe you my endless gratitude,
For humbling me in my altitude,
Correcting my narrow minded attitude,
As well as increasing my aptitude.

Forgive me for not coming to see you sooner,
For not thanking you when it mattered,
You are still jovial, kind and kindred,
I wish you well and may you reach one hundred.

Sincerely,
A Grateful Student.


- SY
1500H 15th March 2016
Kg. Tunku




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020