Nothing Set In Stone

In all honesty, we both had parted ways long before it was the end. I know you will never understand but I write not with ill intent but as an expression of my heart's content.

You would think that it was set for life,
Yet there was so much disturbing strife,
There is no one to blame but you and me,
I should have stayed away and you let me be.

You were hopeful and a little too certain,
I was numb and probably forgot to mention,
Misunderstandings took place even before we started,
I reluctantly went for it despite my soul having been disected.

Being shallow and hollow, still somewhat alive,
Mind unrestfully busy like a beehive,
Ignorance was the card I carried to get by,
I had nothing to lose and gave it a try.

Unconvinced that anything could last forever,
Jaded and still far to say I could recover,
I wanted it to make it this time around,
But it was not meant to be in view of all that went down.

It was clear we were both in distaste,
Kept holding on and trying so it wouldn't be a waste,
These efforts were like fish out of water,
Awkward, struggled and it didn't get any better.

You hurt bad and like I said before,
I was too jaded to even get sore,
You should have just left when I made you mad,
At least then things wouldn't have gone so bad.

SY
2049H 21st January 2016
Jalan Pahang



SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia