For you, Thatha

My mum and I were talking about my grandfather and so I got inspired to write about him. Its been five years since he passed away, but I remember everything like it was yesterday. 

Disclaimer: Thatha is grandfather in Tamil and Amachi is grandmother in Tamil. 


You would cycle to the shop, 
Just to buy your grandchildren chocolates and lollipops, 
I hear your voice like it was yesterday, 
"Don't tell you amma ah", you would say.

"See la your Amachi, never let me watch tv" 
You'd complain as she changed the channel from WWE to her series,
You would joke about your wife, 
But oh, the way she made you smile.

You'd hold my hand when I sat next to you,
That made me feel special to you,
Sometimes we'd play games,
Sometimes I'd trace your hand and map out the veins.

For years you lived with the pain,
But I never once heard you complain,
You fought till the end,
To me you're a champ.

I never got to say goodbye, 
I try to get by,
I wish I could get one last hug, 
Or hear one last laugh. 

I know you're in a better place,
But that doesn't mean I don't miss you, 
Sometimes I wish i could see your face, 
Or talk to you.


- JN
9.20pm, 22nd July 2015 (Wednesday)
Home, Kelana Jaya

JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory