Ode To Fallen Sisterhoods

Growing up, I always had girl friends around me. Not many, usually we were a threesome, but at all points of my life, I was always part of a sisterhood. Some of these girls I don't speak to anymore, we grew up and drifted apart, or there was a disagreement and we chose to go separate ways, but there is no denying the effect these girls and these women have had on me. This is for them, the fallen sisters of fallen sisterhoods.

This is to the girls,
Who played Pepsi-Cola with me during recess,
The ones who fought with me about colour pencils,
And let me pick Mulan when we played pretend Disney princess.

This is to the girls,
Who walked behind me when I had my first period stain,
The same girls who taught me how to shave my legs,
And how to put on lipstick when I was feeling vain.

This is to the girls,
Who held my hand when that first boy broke my heart,
The ones who cursed that boy to oblivion,
And held onto me when I thought I would fall apart.

All these sisterhoods, all the girls in one lifetime,
While some still live on, some of those girls I can no longer consider as friends,
But this is for all of them, for when we were sisters our friendship was sublime,
And a part of those sisterhoods will always be a part of who I am.

So thank you ladies for your strength, your humour and for sharing with me your soul,
I hope that at the finish line, you all would have achieved your end goal,
It might not have been all great – that much is true,
But believe me when I say, I will remember all the best parts of you.

- SB
Written at 11.22pm, 21st July 2015
Ghetto HQ



SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020