Remembrance

I wrote this after I got back from burying my late maternal grandmother. She was a loving, caring and charismatic person. Talented in so many ways and always shared her gifts with the people she loved.

You are as beautiful and vibrant as this flower,
So full of life and colour,
So inspiring and special,
Every flower is different but none as special as you are,
And like a flower,
You withered away but ever so gracefully.

I am never good at saying goodbye,
Often times I miss the chances with you,
You quietly left without a sigh,
I really wished there was more I could do.
You will always be remembered.


- SY
Written at 21:30H 27th June 2014
At 528 Chee Residence Air Itam, Penang


SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory