If My Walls Could Talk

The poetry reading that kicked off this idea in SY's head was called If Walls Could Talk. At this reading, they encouraged the audience to write a poem called themed "If Walls Could Talk" and post it on their Facebook page. This kickstarted my writing gears again, and this is the first piece I have written in two years. I basically thought about the things I do in my room, what my walls have witnessed, the good and the bad - and then I penned it down. 

If my walls could talk,
They would definitely squeal and giggle,
Like my inappropriate soul sisters on girl's night,
After 2am muruku, The Lion King and pseudo packing for my 10am flight.

My walls would retell tales of arguments I attempted to keep behind closed doors,
These arguments during which I turned into a lioness, the kind that roars.
Arguments with partners who felt I was always too much,
Arguments that made my blood hot, but turned my heart cold to love's touch.

These white barricades would also be able to recite to you lines from Will & Grace,
A 90s TV show that I watched (and re-watched) sometimes with a clay mask on my face.
Yes my walls would be able to critique movies & TV shows of all kinds,
Because these were the drugs I used to numb my chaotic mind.

But my walls would never speak or even whisper about those really early mornings,
Where I leaned against them heart broken and sobbing,
No, they will never share those quiet secrets they were told,
On those long nights where my walls were the only refuge for my wounded soul.

- SB
Written at 3.47pm 10th July 2015
Starbucks 3Two Square



SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade