I'm Not Good At Saying Goodbye

I write this because I'm not good with goodbyes and speaking out what's on my mind. I run away from myself and what's going on around me.

I'm so proud of all of you who graduated and left to fulfill your callings in life, all that you've done in the years that you were given. I am so blessed to have know you and be a part of your life. Congratulations to you and all the very best for your future. Fulfill your destiny, your calling in life, never regret and always let the joy of the Lord be your strength. New beginnings are ahead and I know that you are fully able to face it and succeed. Be of good courage and seek His kingdom, His presence, His face always. God is the same yesterday, today and forever, He is forever faithful and He'll always love you. I appreciate all the times you were there for me, all the things we've done together, gone through side-by-side, all the things you taught me, the times prayed for me and the support. You do have an impact in my life and if ever you think, you've not done anything in life, it's not true, because you did something in my life and I am where I am because of that. Thank you for everything, you'll always be remembered and thought of.

Most of you are gone,
A lot of you have left,
Life and time move on,
Just like that, swift and deft.

I'd hold on to the past,
Those sweet memories,
How I'd like them to last,
Those lovely medleys.

Will you be coming back?
Will I see you once more?
See your shoes on the rack,
See that smile I adore.

Seconds wait for no one,
LOOK! You are wasting time,
Minutes go, it is done,
Kept quiet like a mime.

I did say goodbye,
but not as I'd liked,
what's there to be shy?
Sorry, I'm just not psyched.

I should not be running,
I should be facing you,
My heart keeps hardening,
You don't know but it's true.

There's nothing I resent,
I just hate farewells,
Not saying what I meant,
Hiding under stairwells.

- SY
Written at 01:00 22 June 2011
At KM55, Kursk, Russia




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020