Swinging From Memory To Memory

Of recent adventures and endeavours I realised how much I liked to swing. This is how I wing it at swing. Hope this is as much fun reading as it was writing.

When I was young, as memory recalls,
My mum would take us out to play,
We sometimes 'hang gai-gai' at nearby malls,
Or go to McDonald's to eat during the day.

On the weekdays when we would get the chance,
To get some fresh air at the playground,
Every kid would have one thing in their glance,
We would race for the swings or run around.

As I grew older I had a few favourite animations,
One was from Jane Goodall's favourite book that became many adaptations,
Tarzan swinging from vine to vine was all it took,
For us nature lovers to love apes and get hooked.

And then came along the 'All American Rejects'
Swing, swing, swing from the tangles of my heart,
Listening to that song had relieving effects,
Cause any rejected crush made me fall apart.

I remember there were days that were so bad,
I felt I had to swing by to a bar,
No matter how I tried it all turned out sad,
Because everything I did was just below par.

There was once I really got into sports,
I ended up getting bruises of all sorts,
I tossed frisbees, got it rough during handball,
Then it was swinging punches at sandbags that were twice as tall.

One of my favourite memories of recent,
I spent with good friends at my wing,
I guess our attempts could be called decent,
At getting our foot loose at East and West Coast swing.

Grooving to the tunes of jazz and blues, 
Two nights of fancy footwork and twirls,
Following the lead to get a clue,
Was enough to turn us into excited little girls.

SY

Written at 16:30H on 26th September 2015
On the Star Line LRT



SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Malaysia

2020