So Fine

My two sisters have wrote their poems about being 'fine'. I guess here is mine. It is a different take on the word 'fine'. I think here is where I draw the line. To many times I see women being objectified for the way they look, it's not wrong to dress well and feel good about yourself. It doesn't mean we want to be made objects. Sorry for being too straight forward and I hope I am not being offensive with this piece. Peace out. #feministrant

Dang girl, don't you look fine...
I shrug at that very line.
Mmmhh...Check out that junk...
How about, I throw you in the trunk.

Man... I wanna smack that,
Man. Don't you make me attack.
Chill girl, dont be trippin'
Please, you can run along skippin'.

Some males really have no tact,
Yes, I know that for a fact.
The choice of words they say,
I hope they don't take this the wrong way.

I appreciate the compliments,
But I'm not one of your condiments.
For you to spice up your life,
When you are bored with your wife.

No, I don't want to be your subject,
I refuse to be an object,
The focus of your fascination,
No thanks to your objectification.

We ladies all have assets,
But its not for you to place bets,
To be used as comparisons,
To the Kardashians or Pam Anderson's.

I hope we are not just for display,
That you would appreciate us in every way,
We do have more that sex appeal,
We have intelligence and substance, for real.

So do look past what you see,
See the women we can be,
Both in character and principle,
Really, it's just that simple.

Next time I hear, she's looking so fine,
I will just bear in mind,
I hope its not just the way she's dressin'
That's got you men lookin'.

- SY
Written at 02:15H on 21st August 2015
At 61 Wong Clan




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled,
To be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap,
Who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade