From SY: To My Reflection.

This one is called 'Mirror, Mirror.

What people see and the what I see when I look at myself in the mirror may be completely different. This is what I see and say when my eyes are staring back at me.



Hello there...
I've seen you before,
You're looking a little fair,
A little different from before.

Tired eyes and weary smiles,
The last you had a good sleep,
The type you are in slumber so deep,
I think it's been a while.

Your sclera so moist with tears,
Your retina hiding all your fears,
Multiple thoughts layered your forehead,
Stapled with what people had said.

A strand of hair misplaced,
Baby hairs standing all over the place,
Scars and pigmentations,
Many signs of imperfections.

If you peeled of that layer of dead skin,
I wonder what you would find,
There should still be some life in there,
Because I know deep down you still care.

Scrub away the impurities,
Wash your face with ice-cold water,
Get refreshed with some chilled cucumber,
Let the mask absorb the negativities.

Listen to your favourite songs,
Fill your heart with what it so longs,
You cannot hold this face forever,
This isn't you, it's time for this to be over.

Find your still inner voice,
Being happy is fully your choice,
Seek that peace you desperately desire,
Let the winds of change put out those fires.

All you need is some foundation,
To even the odds and the creases,
Highlight the prominent features,
Put into shadows the distractions.

Add some colour to your palette,
You need a little ruber against the pallor,
It will make you look alive, I bet,
You could use the cheer of colour.

-SY
Written 19:10H on 21st September 2015

At 61 Wong Clan



SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia