From SY: To My Best Friend

I have many circles of friends and they all mean just as much to me. None less but always more. I may not spend equal amounts of time with all but I do treasure the times we do get to be with each other and the moments we have together. Here is to you my best friends. This is in no particular order.


The Muruku Sisterhood: Sheril & Jo
The Patchtovaya Alumni: Aby Waby, Kavi, Margie, Anna Banana

The Freakilicious Babes: Vicky, Paula, Pris, Kamal and Thigs.

Familia: Miz B +G and Lynnz

CU then n now: Jo Ey and Talitha

Adrian L. Kamini K. Max the Matcha Dude
Ian Dusty O.

Dear friend, dear companion,
Uncommon to popular opinion,
I don't have one or two or three of you,
I actually have a few.

So many phases in life so far,
And at that time, that is where you are,
You and I met,
That was the start of that.

No matter when, no matter where,
You were and will always be there,
For me to hear you out,
No matter if you are soft or loud.



Through the hardest of moments,
To the funniest of times,
I've kept all  those pieces and remnants,
In memories, trinkets and funny lines.

You never looked at my background,
You stayed by me when no one was around,
We spent days and night talking,
When we knew we should have been sleeping.

You never stared at how I ate,
You tolerated whenever I'm late,
You never questioned my fashion sense,
You put me at ease about my past and future tense.


You have seen me laugh uncontrollably,
Held me when I cried so profusely,
Encouraged me and strengthened me,
To make me confident and more womanly.

I thank you for every sacrifice,
For every time that you were nice,
I know being my friend isn't easy,
It can be extremely sour or as sweet as honey.


Thank you for every effort and prayer,
For walking with my in my present and future,
For working along side me,
For allowing me to be me.

Who I am today is partly because of you,
And you all are friends who stay true,
I hope I can always be there for you,
Especially in the good times and when you are blue.


May we continue to grow together,
Always strive to become better,
Chase our dreams, fulfill our ambitions,
Be friends despite the conditions.
Thank you best friends. May we endure till the end.

SY
Written at 22:35H on 16 September 2015
At 61 Wong Clan


SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020