Baby Talk

Babies are complicated creatures. As two 20-somethings, we try to figure out what they want, because we hear that communication is key, even though our ovaries aren't calling out to us to procreate just yet.

Dear Child, why are you crying? 
Just moments ago you were smiling.
You can't be hungry, you've just been fed, 
What needs of yours have I not met? 

I see those crocodile tears in your eyes, 
Your pain & anguish are adolescent lies, 
I pick you up and show you that colourful mobile, 
I know you will start giggling in a while.

Your innocence is plain to see, 
But don't think I don't realize that you're trying to manipulate me, 
Within seconds your smile can turn into a frown, 
And you'll demand loudly that I jiggle you up & down. 

Seriously, there are only so many nursery rhymes, 
No I won't let you watch Youtube one more time, 
You can try self soothing instead, 
But we know very well Grandma will have my head.

Hush now baby & go to sleep, 
Your many trinkets I must go & keep, 
Pretty soon you'll learn how to walk, 
Till then I'll enjoy our baby talk.

- SherYen
1.36am, 16th January 2016
TMS HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020