From SY: To Someone I Wish I Could Meet

I could have wished to meet any celebrity, famous person or world changer but I chose to meet myself in different points of my life. All because I thought I could have changed something about my past or present. I never liked living in uncertainty but it is just something I need to accept.

I wish I could meet myself...
50 years from now,
Listen to all her stories,
Where she has been,
What she has done,
Who she has become.

To know the remorse and the regrets,
The guilt and the hurt that etched her heart,
The joys pleasures of life,
That she indulged in,
The surprises that thrilled her,
As the years had passed since 2016.

From her I would learn and discover,
Of the things I should have done,
The decisions I can make now,
People that I could keep close,
Also the ones to let slip away,
Take action to prevent certain calamities.

I wish I could meet myself,
When I was only five,
To tell her she was alright,
There was no need to be silent,
To continue being the burst of laughter,
That was contagious to others.

I wish I could meet myself,
At the ripe age of sixteen,
Whisper to her to chase her dreams,
Forgo the indecisiveness,
Believe that she could do the impossible,
That she will be an influencer.

I wish I could meet myself,
At the brink of eighteen,
Sit her down and hold her hand,
Lecture her on future plans,
To avoid the boys and heartbreaks,
Long before the cracks even show up.

I wish I could meet myself,
Three years ago,
Remind her of who she was,
Before she was lost is limbo,
Find her before she needed searching,
Direct her way and maybe,
Just maybe things would be better now.

- SY
2058H 22nd January 2016
Jalan Pahang


SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade