From SB: The Person That Gave You Your Favourite Memory

I've been blessed enough to have so many good memories to call favourites, I couldn't possibly choose just one. Here's to each & every one of you who have coloured my life in your very own unique shade. 

To all the people throughout time,
Friends and family who are all mine,
So many memories you’ve given me,
One favourite one there couldn’t possibly be.

I think fondly of birthday parties throughout the years,
The ones my mother threw & ensured I’d never be in tears,
To surprises that friends got together to plan,
Together we all made a very merry band.

I think of all of the New Year’s Eves that have passed,
Of fireworks and barbeques and boys with their cigarette tars,
Of road trips planned at the last minute & drives in the dead of night,
But because we were together there was no sense of fright.

I think of quiet days spent with the people who cared,
Of experiences so simple with these people I shared,
Then there are big moments such as watching Wicked in Singapore,
And lounging on Chenang Beach in the land of Mahsuri folklore.

So many people, so many memories, a favourite I could not possibly choose,
All these people I couldn’t at all bear to lose,
At the end of the day, everything said & done,
You’re all my favourite, there can’t be only one.

- SB
4.36pm, 2nd January 2016
123 Gasing



SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia