Rose Tinted Glasses

I've actually been meaning to write this piece for a while now but never got around to doing it. This one is based of the idiom "rose tinted glasses". Rose tinted glasses is when you choose to only see the pleasant things that is happening and ignore the unpleasant things. For the longest time, I wore these rose tinted glasses which only made me see all the pleasant and good in everything, which is good, but I shut off the bad things that were happening. The unpleasant things still happened, but I refused to acknowledge it because I only wanted to see the good in the world. 

There are these glasses,
The one that blocks out the unpleasantry of life,
The ones with a tint of rose.

These glasses may sometimes be a blessing,
For you only see the things that are pleasant,
But that also means you don't see the rest of it.

When the glasses come off,
You then realize that things are not always as they appear,
It might leave you shocked for a while.

When the realization hits you,
There is a sudden clarity to reality,
You've been blinded by these glasses all along, you see.

Seeing the best in people should still be your focus,
But sometimes people are shady,
Give them an inch and they take a mile.

These glasses may obscure your vision,
It may even cloud your judgement,
You only see things in a certain hue.

These glasses I have taken off,
I realize that I am better without it,
For now I see all the colours of life.


 - JN
3.02am, 22/7/2016 (Friday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade