SB: Power of the Flower

"It’s Friday, and writing poems isn’t easy! So let’s give ourselves a break with a simple prompt today. Poets have been writing about flowers since, oh, the dawn of time. So today, I challenge you to add your own poem to this long tradition, by finding a flower, and versifying in its honor."

Flower power,
Drained by the hour,
Its scent fading,
Petals cascading.

A rose that goes by any other name,
Is still a rose,
So it is such when I go insane,
But for the world I strike a pose.

Daisy did not give me her answer do,
Instead she said "There is nothing here for you",
Like a morning glory I immediately withdraw,
I never want to love anymore.

Like a lily she has stained my heart,
From her I cannot be apart,
My love is like a cactus that can be retained,
Without any sustenance from her I remain.

Thus is the power,
In my flower,
That best blooms,
In heartache & doom.

- SB
9.12pm, 12th July 2016
Garden of Life




SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia