At The Ledge

It is a very exhilarating place to be, at the beginning of something that feels like it could be something, yet knowing that it'll amount to nothing. So you try your best to salvage the moment, the perfectness of the situation, and immortalize it in a poem. This goes out to everyone who has ever been afraid to take a leap of faith & crash onto the cliffs of love. 

So close to the edge,
I inhale the air so fresh,
I feel the wind blowing,
And I know my back is turned,
To the cliffs where the unknown lies below,
Yet I do not face them,
I stand on the ledge,
At the edge,
And close my eyes.

The wind howls & threatens to tip me over,
With its attentiveness to detail and its intense look,
The view is amazing & will continue to be so,
If I just keep looking ahead & I don’t look down,
Into the cliffs where the unknown lies below,
Where prospects and the future dwells,
I think I would do well,
To just stand here on the edge,
Of the ledge.

“I won’t fall!” I announce into the open,
So everyone knows that I’m here,
And will just be here,
Neither advancing or retreating,
Just enjoying the smooth breeze,
Brought about by the sound of your voice,
Like the wind singing through tree branches,
Rustling the leaves,
Creating chaos in the atmosphere,
And in my mind.

Every day the wind gets stronger & stronger,
And once in a while I slip,
But I regain my balance quickly,
And every day it gets harder & harder,
But then again so does my resolve,
To not falter and tip over,
As I stand on the edge,
Of this incredibly dangerous,
And exhilarating,
Ledge.

- SB
9.42pm, 16th June 2016
Starbucks, Giant Kelana Jaya


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020