SY: To That of Which I Am Afraid

NaPoWriMo Challenge Prompt Week 9:

"Today, I challenge you to write a poem that includes a line that you’re afraid to write. This might be because it expresses something very personal that makes you uncomfortable – either because of its content (“I always hated grandma”), or because it seems too emotional or ugly or strange (“I love you so much I would eat a cockroach for you”). Or even because it sounds too boring or expected (“You know what? I like cooking noodles and going to bed at 7 p.m.”). But it should be something that you’re genuinely a little scared to say."

I am afraid,
To say that I am imperfect,
That there are parts of me with defect,
To show any sign of weakness,
That my strength can run out.

To feel vulnerable,
That my walls have crumbled,
To know that I am incapable,
That I am unable.

To accomplish what others can,
That I am the failing portion of the plan,
To be pushed aside and left behind,
That I have missed opportunity's golden hand.

To take the next step,
That I have no options left,
To admit that I am afraid of loneliness,
That I would be lost.

To the thoughts of my deranged mind,
That wavers and wanders every time,
To take a step back and lean,
That trust I once knew has faded,
To nothing but mere dust,
That disappears as I become jaded.

To rest because I may not wake up,
That my slumber will be an eternal state,
To which all the world would see,
That I am less than human,
To know that,
I am afraid.


- SY
17:30H 19th July 2016
Jalan Pahang




SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia