Give. Love. Live.

Tis the season of Christmas! So goes the phrase, 'It is better to give than to receive'. Many times we either give too much or get taken advantage of our kindness. AD and I murmur about our giving and how it should flows out of the goodness of God.

When will I learn that I should never give,
What isn't worth giving,
Ignoring the countless chances to live,
The life I should be living.

Think of it as great to give when there is nothing to gain,
To continue that sacrifice even if it causes you pain?
At times it is better to refrain,
Or else there would be nothing left that remains.

I am more glad that you are a natural at that,
It does come as second nature to be exact,
Giving is better than receiving, a well known fact,
Any small act of kindness will leave a great impact.

Yes, even more so when you are in pain,
It does lead me to questions if I am insane.
You are only sane if you can feel the pain!
It's best to leave things as simple and plain.

How else can you tell you are only human?
As long as we have a heart of a servant,
Pain and gain can be counted irrelevant,
As we have excess to a life more abundant.

You ask for nothing yet You gave me everything,
Honestly what more could I ask for?
Surpassing any dream or thought I can think,
But I still keep crying out for more.

His glory will He continuously pour,
His indescribable love never runs dry,
Through the ages it will forever endure,
And to reciprocate we will always try.

Till our days come to an end,
Despite the twists and troubles,
I will love, give, live and stand,
Because He has endured against all perils.


SY and AD
17:33H 28/11/2015
Pandan Mewah & Sydney


SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020