Fury Of The Ghetto Girl

Once upon a time very close to the end of the year in 2010, I was dubbed the Ghetto Girl and the Ghetto Crew was born. Somewhere down the lines I morphed into several different things, shadowing and shelving that girl that I was. See, you'd have to had known her to understand the full impact of the title - but I was fearless, unapologetic for the person that I was, and fierce in believing I could do things. Boy, was I fierce. Five years (six, in a couple of hours!) on, I let people who were barely worth my time break me down, and at the end of that charade, I decided no more. Ghetto Girl needed to make a comeback, and here she is, better than she was before. More practical, more focused and sturdier than she was before. 

To his words I did heed,
But the undeniable fact is that this love I bleed,
He took a month then walked away,
Then expects me to just be okay.

I am angry & I have every right,
With every ounce of my soul I did fight,
But did that matter in the end?
No, he left me with nothing to defend.

So here I am pissed as hell,
And honestly if I must say I am handling it well,
My throat is itchy but I can finally sleep,
Though thoughts of him I still reluctantly keep.

So I'll do hot yoga & go dancing & sign up for Spartan Race,
Anything to forget the look of his face,
To hell with passive aggressive, here I fight an internal war,
In the end what was all of that even for?

But forget that, there are bigger things at play,
Bigger metaphorical dragons to slay,
And while he never again gives me another thought,
I will continue with this onslaught.

Hear me now loud & clear,
I may belt out songs of heartbreak but they don't indicate fear,
Even if I never have another person by my side,
Onwards and strong I will continuously ride.

So spare me the sympathy & words coated with fluff,
I have come out of this much stronger and with my hide more tough,
So watch as yet another transformation unfurls,
The world will gawk at the return of Ghetto Girl.

- SB
5.14pm, 7th October 2015
Ghetto HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia