From SB: To The Ex

Sometimes you just have to accept that the ship has sailed & it wasn't meant to be. Sometimes, you're just too late. Also, if you're not going to fight for it, your feelings don't really count. This is to the first girlfriend I ever had, who probably never really deserved me anyway. 

Stop, stay where you are.
You & I, we were never meant to go far.
I waited for you for three years & I prayed,
That you would make up your mind, but you never stayed.

My heart was like an egg in a spoon,
You kept dropping it & picking it up making me feel like a loon,
With your indecisiveness & need to people please,
You were to me a cruel & thoughtless tease.

You hurt me repeatedly & then played dumb,
My disappointment for you made me incredibly numb,
Then you dare come back now & tell me I'm the one,
That everyone else was just for some fun.

You say that you love me to my face,
And in the same breath tell me you have a boyfriend in a different place,
Then you ask me for a chance to try again,
The Benedick to my Lady Disdain.

But you know what - nine years of my love you had,
None of which you were ever grateful for or glad,
With the stroke of my keypads I now say goodbye,
Take your "I love you", I know now that it is a lie.

You will never step up & try to be with me,
Its all pretty words & no action that I see,
There is no hope, no nostalgia, nothing more for you,
From my life I bid you adieu.

- SB 
1.32am, 19th December 2015
Ghetto HQ




SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade