A Note For You

Sometimes poetry is the only outlet you have, when you're stuck in a weird in-between waiting on someone to decide whether they want to be with you or not. It's not exquisite, but it is torture. And I would never wish this on any of you. This was inspired by a picture I took. 

If I could write a note for you,
I wonder what it would say.
Would it tell you about what I am up to,
Or would it say I missed you today?

Would it tell you about my sleepless nights,
And how I wake up wishing I had missed your call?
Or would it talk about my internal fights,
About whether or not to rebuild my walls?

It would be written with the tears I have cried,
Or the blood that runs through my veins,
Because to be patient every day I have tried,
But as the day goes by I am slowly going insane.

So instead of writing a note I instead write poems and listen to songs,
As I sit around wondering if to you I still belong,
It is Day Seven of this crippling uncertainty,
If I were to write you a note - it would simply say "Please Come Back To Me."

- SB
2.45pm, 19th Sept 2015
Cititel Express




SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia