From SY: To A Stranger

I meet strangers on a daily basis, and at the end of the hour I would have gotten to know them way more than anyone should. It goes a little bit like this...

Dear Stranger,

Let me introduce myself,
As I pull your records from the shelf,
Oh! I see it is your first time here,
I need to ask you some questions, just to be clear.

What is your full name?
Is the address stated here still the same?
Who do you stay with?
Do you take the stairs of lift?

Do tell me about your occupation,
And about the conditions of where you are stationed,
Do you eat out frequently,
Or cook at home diligently.

Tell me about you family,
Any illnesses or malignancy?
I'm going to invade your privacy,
I have to ask about your social history.

Do you like to experiment?
Indulge in things that enhance entertainment?
Have you recently gone out of bounds,
Yes, I do need to know your sexual background.

Now on to what has made to unwell,
Please tell me when did this first swell,
Is it painful when you do this?
Let's make sure there isn't anything that we miss.

How long have you had this problem?
Did you do anything to solve 'em?
Please show me the list of your medications,
So we can tally with our prescriptions.

So it looks like you have this condition,
Judging by the bloods from the collection,
You will need to get warded,
So we can treat you as per needed.

Thank you for your cooperation,
I do apologise for all the questions,
Rest now for I will see you later,
As I will be your personal vampire.

Sincerely
Doctor Wong.
13:36H 1/12/2015

Pandan Mewah





SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.

She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfils the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020