From SB: To A Person Who Is Going Through The Worst Of Times

Bad things happen to good people. Sometimes you can't do anything but stand by and watch. 

I hate that this has happened & frankly I can’t tell you why,
Or how she could have just packed up and said goodbye,
There is little I can do to help you sleep at night,
I know you’re too broken to put up any kind of fight.

I wish words could fix this & that time will heal the pain,
I watch as day by day you grow into a person full of disdain,
I know that there is no amount of good food,
That would put you in a better mood.

Compared to yours, my heartache is small,
I still have time to build up some walls,
But I know you feel it is all too late,
This pain seemingly seals your fate.

But please I implore just open your eyes and see,
How vibrant and new your life could be,
I beg you please get up and take a step,
You don’t need a guide or a road map.

All you need is some courage and new perspective,
A new lifestyle will be effective,
In curing your broken heart,
Make new memories, play a new part.

This is a new chapter and now is the time,
No need to wallow over a person unworthy of a dime,
Once you find your footing, come back strong and true,
Let the world see the incredible and independent you.

SB
7.20pm, 17th December 2015
Ghetto HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory