Ghosts Of You.

So when a relationship ends, it is truly just the beginning of the torture of being constantly reminded of the person and what used to be. When it was a long relationship, the reminders you accumulate stack up, and haunt you. This poem is about the ghosts that haunt me, and the person whom I still love very much despite the fact that we weren't a right match for each other. 

First of all let me say this,
This poem is not to be confused with that Haunted song by Taylor Swift,
Although, it is a pretty great song,
But nevermind that, let's move along.

Our relationship ended the morning of the 6th of May, 
It was close to 2am that Wednesday,
There was an argument & your temper flared,
Hours after I went & chopped off all my hair.

And that was when it was really truly over,
The relationship had died but if only I knew,
That the death of this relationship,
Was the beginning of all the hauntings by the ghosts of you.

They live in everything & they are everywhere,
Like in that hipster cafe with that stupid boxed chair,
In that damn corner with the glass window where everyone would stare,
I never understood why you loved sitting there.

The ghosts haunt me along the roads leading to your house,
Damned thoughts of you the streets in Kelana Jaya arouse,
All the shortcuts and the backlanes we would take when I was late for a flight,
I hear your voice sometimes as I drive down Federal Highway late at night.

They haunt me by sitting in the passenger seat as I drive,
Where I would usually sit when you send me home on nights when I felt I couldn't survive,
They haunt me even in the places that are really far,
Like Setapak, Jalan Sultan Ismail & Jalan TAR.

The ghosts manifest in every silver Kelisa I see,
I always take a moment & send my love to Zippy,
Whenever I encounter horrifying road bullies,
The ghosts manifests to curse & swear with me.

Only halfway done & this poem already seems long,
But how else do I explain these ghosts live in SO MANY SONGS,
Dave & Chris I can never listen to,
With hearing the belting of the parts you would do.

It is truly terrible, these ghosts even haunt my dreams,
Taking me back to nights of drilling Kit Kat ice cream,
That dream version of you has returned in full force,
Sometimes it tells me of your deep regret & remorse.

But dreams & ghosts are all remnants of what we once shared,
By the universe we were incredibly badly paired,
But at 4am sometimes when I wake up to pee,
I wonder if you ever see ghosts of me.

- SB
2.42am, 22nd Sept 2015
Ghetto HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020