I'll Remember You.

Last Monday marked the 5th anniversary of my grandmother's passing and I thought I'd just remember her in a poem. 

From the day I was born, you were always there,
Surrounding me with your tender loving care,
You took care of me for years,
Showered me, fed me and wiped away my tears.

When it comes to food, I am a little bit picky,
Therefore you always insisted on feeding me,
And because getting me to eat meat was tricky,
You'd hide it in the rice without me knowing and feed it to me.

When you made thosai for Christmas,
You'd make mine specially,
Because you knew I liked thosai with ghee,
I've never tasted any other thosai quite as delicious.

Any excuse I get, I'd spend with you at your house,
Along with my grandfather, your spouse,
And because of your insomnia, we'd spend half the night talking,
We'd talk about basically everything.

You'd tell me about the old days,
When your hair had not a strand of grey,
You'd tell me about the things your 9 kids used to get up to,
And you'd always tell me to study hard and be a good girl too.

It's been 5 years since I said goodbye to you,
But not a day goes by that I don't think of you,
And these are the ways I remember you,
In all the little things you used to do.

- JN
6.25pm, 14/12/2015 (Monday)
Home, Kelana Jaya



JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020