From SY: To Someone From My Childhood

Blossom was a TV series that ran through the early 90's. Aside from the usual cartoons and kid shows, I was hooked on this spunky kid with character and attitude. She was like a friend growing up with me. Cheers!


Dear Blossom,
You ARE AWESOME!


To my childhood idol,
From the beginning till the end,
All the way in the middle,
I always wanted to be your friend.


Not many people know you,
But I was still your fan,
To yourself you stayed true,
You bring me back to way back when.


Six was your partner in crime,
She would stick by you through thick and thin,
On speed dial, you both talked all the time,
She made sure you both had it win-win.


Not only did you have a troubled brother,
A typical jock for another,
Went through growing pains without a mother,
On the road as always was your father.


Regardless, you frequently had your say,
You are intelligent and preposterously correct,
Your snappy comebacks made my day,
Wise were the words you chose and select.


Statement pieces and floppy hats,
Your sense of style was your own twist,
You never really were a fan of cats,
Still you were cool in my list.


I learnt to be independent,
Countless times about responsibility,
In depth conversations you made relevant,
You kept your ground despite the instability.


Thank you for being my childhood friend,
Though you were taken of the tele long ago,
You are in my heart till the end,
The one only Blossom Russo.

From L-R: Six, Tony, Blossom, Nick & Joey.
Source: Google 


- SY
21:14H 4th May 2016
Titiwangsa-University



SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia