From SB: To Someone You Wish Who Could Forgive You

I was having trouble finding a person to write this letter to, until day before yesterday when the case of a transgender event getting disrupted by religious authorities. I realized that despite all my efforts & relationships with my trans-mothers and trans-sisters, I still am not doing enough. And for that, I should apologize, as should the many people who have stood by and watched them get stigmatized & discriminated against. 

For the long silence,
And the little noise that followed.

For the quiet side eye,
Before the close contact.

For not understanding,
Before the heart’s true bleeding.

For the lack of education,
In this conservative nation.

For the many arrests,
Putting many more to test.

For all this,
And the very little I have done,
I am sorry.

- SB
4.22pm, 5th April 2016
Sani Hotel 

SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

Siren Serenade