From JN: To Someone From My Childhood

If there is one place I'd call home, it'll be my grandparents place in Batu Gajah, Perak. Although I only went there during the holidays or long weekends, that house and place holds a special meaning to me.  This letter is not to someone but it is to the house from my childhood. 

Disclaimer: Amachi is Grandmother in Tamil. 

The house that built me,
The house that is filled to the brim with memories,
Although you were a single storey,
Every nook and cranny had a story.

The porch where we played catching,
The drain in the front where we had our paper boat racing,
The slope at the back is where I slide down and scrapped my knee,
These are the memories that I keep dear to me.

Our house was the noisiest on the street,
Without the noise, it doesn't feel complete,
Kids screaming at the top of their lungs,
The adults telling us to be quiet, killing all the fun.

You were home to me,
A safe place for everybody,
You were a place I'd always look forward to go to,
You were always there no matter what I was going through.

You were a big part of my childhood,
Almost as much as Amachi's food,
Recently I had to say goodbye to you,
When I did, a part of my childhood died too.

I hope whoever buys you appreciates the magic in you,
I hope they take care of you too,
Your charm might be lost on anybody who didn't grow up here,
But I hope your charm doesn't disappear.

 - JN
4.45pm, 26/4/2016 (Tuesday)
Home, Kelana Jaya


JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

Siren Serenade