Done

Everyone's patience has its limits. This one goes out to the girls and women who have compromised so much for so little, who have put up with men who were barely worth their time, and the ones who try so hard to act casual when it is really killing them inside. 

I’m done waiting for you.
This means waiting for your texts, your replies, and for you to show up.
I’m not waiting for the next date, or the next conversation, or the next moment to look into your eyes.

I’m done smiling at you.
I’m not thinking going to sit around dissecting every great moment & bursting it into confetti in my mind and smiling at myself. 
I’m not going to smile at my phone, my reflection that I catch in the mirror as I think of you, or even at that dog picture you shared on Facebook.

I’m done flirting with you.
I’m tired of trying to act casual yet show you I’m interested, and question myself thrice before I send you a text or call you.
It is exhausting constantly wondering if now is a good time to be worthy of your time.

I’m done crying over you.
I will no longer despair over your silence, your little mood swings and your chilly attitude, which is in no way cool.
The warmth and heat emitting from the love of my friends will dry these tears I once had for you.

I’m done being defeated by you.
I will no longer act like it is okay when you show up once every three months and not make plans every weekend just in case you might want to do something.
I will no longer accommodate a person to whom I am an afterthought. 

You can no longer have me.
I will clear up this clutter in my brain & my heart, get angry and sad and take a deep breath and take a step a day because I will remember that you only wanted me sparingly and in small doses, almost like I was an instalment plan.

Well guess what – there is an expiry date on my patience, along with my affections, 
And like a chicken left in the oven too long or a pot of soup boiled on low heat for over four hours, 
I am done.
Just. So. Done. 

- SB
2.34pm, 11th March 2016
Ghetto HQ


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia