I Can Hear You

I stumbled upon a prompt and I found it really interesting so I decided to write my own take on it. Writing this was an experience on it's own as I kept picturing myself it this situation and it was a pretty hard thing to go through. 

The prompt : You were involved in a terrible car accident and have been in a coma for the past three months. What your family and the doctors don’t know is that you can hear everything that they say. Write the scene.

Where am I?
Why can't I open my eyes?
I hear people talking,
Why are they whispering?

I'm cold,
Really cold,
"There is no other choice",
Who is that? I don't recognize that voice,

I hear sobbing,
I hear footsteps approaching,
I hear various machines beep,
Maybe this is all a dream and I am asleep.

Now I remember it clearly,
I can see his face, the drunk driver who hit me,  
And here I am in a coma because of his stupidity,
And he walks away with just a scraped knee.

I can't see, move or speak,
But I can hear,
In fact all the sounds are pretty clear,
I'm starting to feel very weak.

There's a warm hand holding mine,
"I'm sorry, but we need a decision",
Another voice I don't recognize,
I feel the hand stiffen.

"Please forgive us for what we are about to do,"
"We love you",
I'd recognize those voices any day,  
Hi mum and dad, let go, I'll see you again someday.

 - JN
6.15pm, 7/4/2016 (Thursday)
Home, Kelana Jaya



JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

2020

This Is Malaysia