Recovery

Wrote this buzzed from Spartan Super, thinking about how nice it would be to have someone to put aloe vera gel on my sunburns for me. The simple things matter. 

Kiss my sun-kissed skin.
Your warm breath will cool my skin like no aloe vera can.

Hold my bruised hand.
Brush your fingers gently against the swollen knuckles as I press my palm deeper into yours.

Brush away the mud from my hair.
Despite three shampoo sessions your fingers running through them is still the best conditioner.

Gently graze my wounds.
Count the scrapes & bruises in the places I didn't even know they existed. 

As I lay here alone & aching, 
I realized that there is no recovery or cure from the aching for you.

- SB
2.51am, 21st March 2016
Ghetto HQ






SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020