Breaking Up Is (Not So Hard) To Rhyme

Our very first quartet collaboration! 

Amore, j'adore,
I wish you weren't such a bore,
If only it was a case of it's not you, it's me,
But a future together I do not foresee.

Prithee love, my turtledove,
Thou doth shame the stars above,
With gas and matter their form is set,
But thy windbag brain's more gaseous yet.

Your jokes be unfunny & aren't even punny,
They lack wit so please sit,
I mean it when I say I do not want to stay,
And I am more than capable of going away my way.

Rose bouquets have withered,
The scent from your cologne lingered,
A stench like death choked me,
Reeking rotten flesh the haunts dauntingly.

Too much of a good thing can be everything,
Or a poison that will leave you with nothing,
Methemphetamine, Xanax, Vodka or Tequila,
What is left of me after these will be nada.

Roses red, lilies white,
Can't you find some cyanide?
Cynicism, melancholy and tragedy,
Put an end to this non comical parody.

Walk away, I must
But to your dismay, I will not combust,
Make no mistake, I will not weep,
I just might kill you in your sleep.

Go now, leave me with my cake,
Please stop trying for Jesus' sake,
You are not the rhythm to my blues,
You cannot fit these dancing shoes.

- Sherjoyen Wobustamy & Shuku 
1.37am, 12th March 2016
Everywhere



SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

SY is a 'Jacqueline of all trades' who loves wearing plaids.
She doesn't believe in things that fade and fulfills the promises that she made.
She seeks the hearts of the troubled, to be a listener in times when things are doubled.
She's the kind who stands in the gap, who will only call it quits when it's a wrap.

JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground. 


Shuku is a Musician-Trying-To-Make-It, and a Writer-Who-Would-Like-To-But-Is-Too-Paiseh. She admits to an acute weakness for well-chosen words strung together in either sentence form or poetry, and would marry Good Writing in a heartbeat if it were legal.Inspirations? Anything and everything, especially observations on the human condition and, occasionally, malfunctioning postal services, pompous bureaucracy, and the immortal Calvin and Hobbes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020