Managing The Unrealistic.

Inside every woman is a fangirl bursting to come out gushing over her favourite celebrity. Especially the male ones who have raised her unrealistic expectations of men. For today's #NaPoWriMo entry I decided to manage said expectations through this poem.

You don't need to be Heath Ledger, 
And publicly sing "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", 
There are other ways of bringing pleasure, 
Other little things you can do.

I don't expect a Hiddleston smile, 
Just come and maybe stay a while, 
We could talk about Crimson Peak, 
About how Loki's stare makes me weak.

I'd be flattered if you gushed like Hugh Jackman, 
Does almost every time about his wife, 
I don't expect huge statements, 
Proclaiming that you need me in your life.

I don't expect to be kissed in the rain, 
Or be promised an "Always & Forever" by Nathan Scott, 
I save myself a lot of unnecessary pain,
By being content with what I've got.

Don't pull out all the Shah Rukh Khan moves, 
Because let's face it there's no topping that king, 
You don't really have that much to prove, 
So stick to doing just one special thing.

Speaking of moves, scratch Channing Tatum ones out too, 
Because those hips were engineered by the Greek gods themselves, 
There might be no magic to the Mike for you, 
So grab a book instead off a shelf.

No amount of squats will give you that Deadpool ass, 
And contact lenses won't give you Ryan Reynolds' smouldering eyes, 
But think intelligently & gather some sass, 
And always tell me the truth instead of lies.

Don't try to croon those songs of P.Ramlee, 
And tell me I am the rhythm to your melody,
Then turn around and say this cannot be,
Turning the romance into a parody.

You may however sing the songs of Jay Chou, 
Who knows too well that nothing lasts forever,
Just don't dedicate them to me and make the unnecessary vow, 
And say that through whatever storms we will weather. 

Realistically, heed the words of Adam Levine, 
Who knows that sometimes you may run out of goodbyes, 
As the affections plummet into an endless ravine, 
Realize the expectations are unrealistic - and all lies. 

- SB
1.34pm, 9th April 2016
Ghetto HQ




SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siren Serenade

This Is Malaysia

Swinging From Memory To Memory