Inhale, Exhale.

Had a "look out the window & contemplate life" moment over lunch when I thought about the progressions of my "I Love You"s. It is amazing how we start off so open & free with our love, and it is an innocence that I will never have again, thanks to many dents in the heart. 

When I inhaled my first "I love you",
It was but a whisper,
A small three lettered phrase that floated into my ear,
And embedded itself in my brain.

When I exhaled my first "I love you", 
I was inches away from his face,
Looking into those slits that were meant to be mine forever.

I learned over time that you can exhale an "I love you",
And leave it hanging in the air,
Waiting expectantly to be claimed or reciprocated.

I learned also that sometimes, 
It is best to hold your breath, 
And keep the "I love you" in.

Now there are no more "I love you"s. 
No inhaling or exhaling of any kind.
Just me, holding my breath.


- SB
1.47pm, 2nd April 2016
Sani Hotel




SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020