From SB: To The One That Broke Your Heart The Hardest

You expect relatives to be around forever, and then they leave & suddenly it's like a bomb went off in your universe. No boy or man could ever hurt you this way, and months later you're still trying to pick up & move on. 

I never saw it coming,
I never would have guessed,
But so stand the fact,
That one day you just up & left.

You were there my whole life,
I didn’t even know it was possible,
You were family & that is supposed to forever,
And yet out the door you just went.

At first I was shocked,
I didn’t know what to do,
But it wasn’t about me,
It was about cleaning up after you.

You thought the relationship was between two people,
But how was that possible when you’re in every damn family photo,
You’re in all the Carpenter songs I know the words to,
And in my favourite TV show.

I’d love to say I hate you,
But I really don’t,
I want to say “how could you”,
But I already know.

So I hope you’re happy,
And I hope it was worth it,
Because in leaving the one person,
You broke the hearts of so many others – including mine, the hardest.

- SB
5.39pm, 14th March 2016
The Loaf, D’Pulze Cyberjaya


SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020