From JN: To The Person You Hate The Most/Caused You A Lot Of Pain

Also known as 10 Things I Hate About You. 

I hate that you walked away without a second glance,
Like I didn't deserve a chance,
You just decided to take flight,
Like I wasn't even worth the fight.

I hate that you made me believe we could have worked through it all,
You made me believe enough to break down my walls,
And just as I broke free from my insecurities,
You pulled the rug from under me.

I showed you the most vulnerable side of me
The side of me that no one has ever seen,
When I broke down in your arms that one night,
I hate that you held me and said, "I'm here and I'm going to hold you tight."

I hate that I sometimes check my phone,
Hoping your name would light up the screen with an I miss you,
And you'd tell me that without me, you feel so alone,
Maybe you'd tell me what a big mistake you made too.

I hate that you made me crave for you,
And made me long to say "I do,"
Even though I was scared out of my mind,
Because I was falling in love for the first time.

I hate that your crazy matched my crazy,
And that we were perfect as perfect can be,
We were like two peas in a pod,
But that didn't mean we weren't flawed.

I hate that I have to pretend I understand why we're through,
And pretend that I'm happy you found someone who completes you,
Because you said that about me,
How messed up can that be?

I hate that you made up excuses for leaving,
Despite knowing what you were getting into from the very beginning,
That's the part I don't understand,
How you can just change your mind without a backward glance.

I hate that I'm stuck with the if only I did things differently,
If only I had showed you how much you meant to me,
If only I didn't give in to my insecurities,
If only I had been a different human being.

Most of all, I hate that I don't hate you, not one bit,
And that's what makes me sick,
Because I don't know how to hate you,
Even after what you put me through.


     - JN
10.00am, 22/3/2016 (Tuesday)
Home, Kelana Jaya



JN is the one who doesn't take chances, but she's working on that. She's powering through life, one day at a time. Even with all that life throws her, you'll always see her with a smile. She's a hopeless romantic, hopeless beyond repair. You may say she's a dreamer, but she's got her feet on the ground.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia