Not My Prince Charming

As you get older you realize Prince Charming only exists in fairytales. Even when you meet a real-life version of them, look out for that flaw (and yes, there definitely will be a blinding flaw), because if you don't, you're going to hurt yourself on a fantasy. 

You're big & tall and sweet as hell,
Honey drips from the words you tell,
From another mouth it would sound cliché,
But charm comes across with every word you say.

I once fell hard & was smitten by you,
For a while it seemed like you were interested in me too,
But your first love was always your work,
In your mind thoughts of me didn't even lurk.

I thought maybe we would get a second chance,
How could I not when you throw me that glance,
I hear the "I miss you" & I think maybe this time,
But once again I am reduced to subdued rhyme.

Tong Hua was a song & that's all it is,
I am still at the bottom of your list,
Charming as you are fairytales are a lie,
You're not my Prince Charming but I'll still kiss you goodbye.

- SB
1.36am, 9th February 2016
Ghetto HQ

SB is a conflicted soul of sorts, who is mad enough to go chase after what she really loves as opposed to conform to society and her mother's idea of a successful person. She prays she makes it in life, because she will not be able to tolerate the nagging that would follow if she doesn't. Her inspiration comes from everything around her, as well as made up situations in her head. Good luck distinguishing between the two. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swinging From Memory To Memory

This Is Malaysia

2020